EACH-B: Engaging Adolescents in Changing Behaviour
Calling all head teachers and heads of science AT STATE-FUNDED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN HAMPSHIRE AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Are you interested in:
• Supporting your students to make healthy lifestyle choices
• Taking part in cutting edge research on adolescent health
• Supporting your teachers to deliver parts of the science curriculum in new and exciting ways?
A HIGH-PROFILE AND INNOVATIVE RESEARCH TRIAL FUNDED BY THE
GOVERNMENT AND BEING RUN AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
EACH-B is testing an intervention to assess whether we can improve the health behaviours of 12-13 year olds through an exciting and novel combination of:
• Teaching the LifeLab module in school and bringing students for a one-day visit to LifeLab, currently based at the University of Southampton’s Maths Science Learning Centre
• Specialist training for teachers in how to have healthy conversations with students
• Access to a digital app with games, quizzes and challenges to motivate young people to make healthier choices for themselves
All schools are eligible, but you would have to be willing to travel to Southampton at some point.
Schools taking part in EACH-B will be randomised to either the intervention or the
control arm of the study. We can explain what this means over the phone and at a
face-to-face meeting at your school. All schools taking part in EACH-B will be offered the opportunity to bring students to LifeLab, either as part of the trial or after the
trial has ended. All schools will receive up to £1000 for taking part in the trial. For more information about taking part in EACH-B, please contact us and we will be very
happy to talk to you.