Apply NOW For Your Student Finance!
It’s time for new full-time undergraduate SFE and SFW students to apply for their student finance for academic year 2021/22!
The online applications only take around 30 minutes and students need to follow 3 simple steps;
1. Register online and Create an account
If you are, for example, an EEA Migrant Worker/family member of an EEA Migrant Worker or have EUSS Pre-Settled status and cannot apply for your funding online then the relevant paper application forms are available from: www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
SFW paper application forms available from: www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/forms
2. Fill in the application – You’ll need documents like your UK passport, bank details and National Insurance number
3. Provide evidence – Make sure you can provide any evidence we ask for. If you are from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland and have Settled status, this will include a valid EUSS Share Code
Details of what to provide and how to provide it will be shown in the To-Do List from your online application before you submit it.
If you do not provide the evidence we need, this could delay your application.
If you are applying for the full Maintenance Loan to help with your living costs, we will also need some financial details from your parents, carers or partners before we can completely assess your application.
For more information: www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/household-income
Other Application Key Messages:
You do not need a confirmed place at university or college before you apply for your student finance
You can apply using your preferred choice and change the details later if you need to
Don’t worry if you’ve not applied yet – there’s still time. However, it can take up to 6 weeks for us to process your application, so be sure to apply as soon as you can.! 🙂
Remember: If your application is late, then your student finance payments might be too! 🙁
Visit our campaign pages for a whole range of useful information for both you and – any parent or partner who is supporting your application, including…
– How to successfully submit your application and what evidence is required
– How to check the status of your application
– How to change your application, including if you go through Clearing
– What happens if your parents or partners household income level changes
Other Application Launch Dates:
The AY 2021/22 application services for Postgraduate, part-time undergraduate student finance and SFE Advanced Learner Loans are also NOW OPEN!
Not From England or Wales?
If you will be applying for support from Student Finance Northern Ireland or SAAS in Scotland then please visit their websites for more details of the application process and dates.