Writing & Talking Club
Goldsmiths are proud to announce that we will be launching an online Writing and Talking Club for KS3 (Years 7,8,9), running for 4 weeks in July and August. The aim of the club is to allow students to explore their creativity through themes such as identity and nature, place and belonging. They will be sent videos explaining different techniques and outlining activities to complete at home. All students participating will be sent a box of resources to help them with their projects.
The theme of the club will focus on place, nature and belonging – the Future of South London. Young people will explore sci-fi, speculative and imaginative approaches to re-imagine our relationships to local nature and place.
Outcomes will include:
• Several pieces of creative writing
• A collective zine
• a digital performance
• Students will be sent a work booklet and notebook through the post before the start of the programme
The 4 week programme will be structured as below:
• A video will be available explaining the activities, linked to pages in the workbook, along with links and other resources
• A live group chat about the activities
• Submission deadline
• Live chat with feedback from peers
Throughout the week:
• Email access to the tutors
• Additional resources shared on Goldsmiths web pages
• Individualised feedback will be sent at the beginning of week 3, so students can use this to help them complete their project for week 4.
If you would like to register your interest please email email@example.com