Year 12 Future Cities Online Course
On this online course for current Year 12s (S6 Scotland, Year 13 NI), find out how civil engineers not only design and help build environment-friendly infrastructure but also contribute significantly in managing and maintaining existing infrastructure and ensuring their future sustainability.
Gain hands-on experience by building and testing infrastructure and conducting small research projects while working as part of a group. Take your skills to the next level as you create and deliver team presentations sharing your experiences, findings and opinions.
Alongside other like-minded students, you will learn how you can make a difference to the society of the future in a career as a civil engineer.
You’ll get to:
– Research ‘Low emission mobility’ to help reduce air pollution.
– Investigate impacts of autonomous vehicles on various aspects of our day-to-day life.
– Design and test a virtual building model and evaluate its performance.
– Explore how engineers ensure that structures stay firmly rooted in the ground.
– Construct a model bridge and check its efficiency and resilience using interactive tools.
This event will take place from the 21st to the 23rd July, starting at 9:30hrs and finishing at 15:30hrs.